2/3/55

Travis Orbin - Dyed In Grey Session - "The Abandoned Part"

Travis Orbin - Dyed In Grey Session - "The Abandoned Part" Tube. Duration : 7.13 Mins.


‪www.facebook.com ‬ ‪www.youtube.com ‪www.twitter.com ‪www.myspace.com For more information regarding this video series, please read the description for the tune "Filth". Second-to-last in the DiG series is the epic "The Abandoned Part". Every prog album requires an epic, amirite? Much like a few of the other tunes on the album, I had scant time to rehearse this one because I overbooked myself. As a result you'll see some quick, jerky motions and some 'telegraphed movements' that don't actually result in me hitting anything, haha. As a fun aside, I'll mention that I tracked this while snowed in and I didn't even track it with Taylor, but his assistant Will (he mixed the drums for my tune "Project 15"). Taylor wasn't present, time was running out and there was still work to be done (this was the last tune I tracked for the whole session). It was scary though, for the power kept going in and out; watch for the light flicker around 3:23! As a result of triumphing over so many odds, Will and I celebrated the only proper way - with a nice, hot pizza from a pizzeria within walking distance. When I heard this in demo form, for some reason I felt that a drum intro would be appropriate. I stuck to the time signature utilized within the riff that kicks off the tune (6-4), but delayed the commencement by a 16th note, messing with the listeners' head and perception of the downbeat. At 1:41, I'm ghosting all of the 16th rests that were present when the riff/section was first ...

Tags: travis, orbin, dyed, in, grey, adam, edgemont, pete, luetzeler, opeth, dream, theater, soilwork, lamb, of, god, meshuggah, steve, vai, allan, holdsworth, between, the, buried, and, me, trx, cymbals, truth, drums, virgil, donati, mike, mangini, vinnie, colaiuta, david, garibaldi, dennis, chambers

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น